Editing tips when self-publishing
Once you’ve finished writing your manuscript, it’s time to edit.
- If you can, step away from the work for a time, then come back to it with fresh eyes
- Make your major content edits before adding graphics or images to your book
- Turn on spell-check and consider using a premium grammar checker to help identify any writing mistakes
- Try printing out troublesome passages — it can be easier to spot mistakes on printed pages
- Read your work out loud, slowly, to catch any lingering errors, or try reading a page from bottom to top to force your brain to notice anything out of place